Counselling In Chester was founded in 2007 by Katie Cakirer and offers therapeutic services to children, young people and adults, either on an individual basis or together as a family.
Having trained separately in Counselling and Psychology, the services offered are provided to suit the specific needs of each individual client. We work both on a short-term basis (typically between six and eighteen sessions) and long-term basis with more complex issues. The duration of the therapy will be discussed at your initial consultation session and continually reviewed, as agreed with you, throughout the therapeutic process. Individuals and families can be helped with many different issues and therapeutic aims are worked towards together.
Qualifications & Training:
- BSc (hons) Degree in Psychology
- Diploma in Psychology
- Introduction to Counselling Certificate
- Graduate Diploma in Person Centred Counselling
- Diploma in Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP)
- Trained in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Certificate in Solution Focussed Therapy
- Trained in Drawing and Talking Therapy
- Trained in the use of Psychometric Testing
- Training attended with the LGTB team – Lesbian, Gay, Transexual and Bisexual
- Certificate in Webster Stratton Parenting Programme
- Certificate in ‘Surviving Teenagers Parenting’
- Attachment and Trauma Training
- Level 1 and 2 training re: Adult Domestic Abuse
- Trained in the use of Mindfullness
Training is updated yearly- a minimum of 30 hours continued professional development (CPD) is undergone each year.
Having over 13 years experience working with adults, young people and children on an individual and/or families basis, including:
- 10 years working in private practice
- 6 years experience working within a private psychological setting, to provide assessments and comprehensive psychological reports for Court
- 2 years voluntary experience working within a Charity setting (Mind) with clients presenting with complex issues
- 8 years experience working with children, young people and families within the NHS Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS)
- 2 year member of the Targeting Mental Health in Schools (TAMHS) Team
- Safeguarding Children Training is attended and updated annually.
- Enhanced DBS (Criminal Records Bureau) check.
- 13 years experience of providing consultation to other professionals including GP’s, Social Workers, Solicitors, Schools, and Charity Services.
- Qualified member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
- Graduate member of the British Psychological Society (BPS)
- Member of Counselling Children and Young People (CCYP)
Counselling In Chester is fully insured to work with all clients in a therapeutic manner